If you have formally interrupted your studies at the University of South Wales and are planning to return, the Progression Advice Team can offer advice and support in your return to studies.
Returning to your studies after an interruption for any amount of time can be a daunting experience. To give yourself the best opportunity for a successful year check out the tips below.
Tips for Success
- Know your curriculum and timetable. Know your assessment deadlines.
- Regularly check UniLife, Blackboard and your University email
- Meet with your Course Leader and/or Personal Academic Coach.
- Update yourself with the Blended Learning 2021/22 information.
- Fully attend and engage with all teaching sessions and tutorials.
- Complete all required elements of assessments associated with your curriculum.
- Contact your module and/or Course Leader if you are unable to attend.
- Contact the Advice Zone if you are struggling to meet deadlines – you might be able to apply for extenuating circumstances.
- Check out the resource for your year of study.
Evidence suggests that students who engage with support services, go on to succeed in their studies. For more information about help and support, visit the Support pages.
International and EU/EEA Students
As you are returning to study you will need to ensure you have the correct immigration permission to study at the University of South Wales.
- If you are using Student Route visa to study, then you need to apply for a new visa before returning to the UK. You need to contact Immigration and International Student Advice (IISA): [email protected] at least 4 months before your expected return to the University.
- If you are in the UK using different immigration permission (i.e. EUSS, Skilled Worker or Tier 5) you should contact the contact Immigration and International Student Advice Team: [email protected] as soon as possible so they can make arrangements to undertake your right to study check.
If you have any queries regarding your return to study and the immigration implications please do not hesitate to contact the IISA team.